124 Edward St., Room 267
Toronto, ON, M5G 6G1
The Dentistry Library was established in 1897 by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons and it is formally known as the Dentistry Library at the University of Toronto. The library includes the regular collection and the H. R. Abbott (HRA) Memorial Library. The HRA is a separate collection of items purchased with a memorial fund, created in 1925 as a bequest. As Canada's oldest Dentistry Library, our collection covers dentistry and its related specialites. Its holdings are searchable via the University of Toronto Libraries' catalogue. The collection also includes items dating back to the earliest years of organized and academic dentistry in Canada and beyond. Many of the oldest collection items were digitized and are now available to the public through the Internet Archive. Fragile or extremely rare dental books are housed in the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, University of Toronto. The library is open to the public, anyone is welcome to visit and to use our collections on site. However, only those with active TCard may borrow items for a specific loan period.
The physical space of the library is about 700 square meters including two computer labs, one multi-faith room, one group study room and ample seating areas for our community to enjoy. University of Toronto password protected WiFi is available at our library. Photocopying, printing, and scanning is currently restricted to Faculty of Dentistry students and staff. However, scanning to USB or email is available for anyone outside of Dentistry.
Head of Dentistry Library
Instruction and Liaison Librarian
Maria Zych (Leave until April 13, 2020)